Sunday, July 18, 2021

Receipt roll quilt – A slight change of heart

After finishing the first row (8 x 12” blocks), I realized I used more background than actual scraps and that defeated the purpose of this quilt.  I then changed things up.

I cut 6” paper squares and covered these with scrap strips and then cut my black (background) the width of the receipt roll and mirrored the first block.  Then I could really see progress in using my scraps. I decided to alternate the blocks with one busy block and one calmer.

This worked the scraps much better and I actually saw the base of one of the scrap tubs.

With some quiet time between customer quilts, hubby opened up my machine for me to clear the dust and fluff on the inside and I was really impressed with myself.  I do clean my machine between every quilt and have seen some machines from other quilters which were terribly filthy, so I did good and with hubby helping me, I didn’t need to pay a technician to open it up and brush the lint out with a soft brush.  Being on pension makes me look at every possible way to save money.

My daughter turns 30 this coming Tuesday and her party, held yesterday. was in the way of a funeral.  This kid has a weird sense of humour, especially during these times.  This was her invitation.

I decided to dress the part but added a little colour seeing that it was still a party.  I even put on a little black hat to complete the look and we took her flowers suited to be put on a coffin.  Her mother-in-law brought along a small wooden box filled with ashes.  All in all, a fun party.

I am halfway with my Receipt roll turned scraps quilt, 4 more rows to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment