Monday, July 26, 2021

Adria Good online course – Motif 7

My heart sank when I saw this motif on the class program.  I’ve never had a good relationship with stars, even on my domestic machine.  I just don’t seem to get the hang of these.  From top to bottom I sometimes get it right but upside down throws me off totally and the trick in free motion quilting is that one should be able to do any motif in every possible direction.  Even after wasting stacks of paper to practice, I didn’t feel comfortable at all going to the machine.

The thread choice for these stars and swirls was a deep purple Isacord colour 2920.

Done but I don’t think I will offer to do stars on any customer quilt soon, on the other hand I won’t be using purple thread on a white background, it may not even look all that bad.

This is the end of this online course and as of today, I will be saving up for the next one.  She already asked what we’d like to see/do in future courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment