Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Disappearing diamond

Blood it is bitterly cold in central South Africa with our morning temperature at minus 9º C. I finished a quilt for a customer yesterday and sent the photo to her this morning but with the clear instruction that I am not receiving anyone today as I have no intention of getting out of my PJ’s.

At first, I wanted to stay in bed with the electric blanket on but the parrot did not find staying in one room extremely funny and started complaining just as I got settled.  Option 2 was to have her with me in the sewing room while I worked on my Receipt Roll quilt but having to keep the window open to allow the cat to get outside, proved creating a freezer in this room and I turned around faster than I went in.

Cat finished his morning garden duties and when he returned to his bed, I slammed the window shut and switched on the heater, hopefully, I will get a little productive today.  Hubby had to go into the shop to assist the new owners with measurements to order material for a new job.  I don’t complain, he gets paid by them.

For once I am pleased that I don’t have any customer quilts waiting as I have really bad arthritis in my right wrist, making it almost impossible to advance a quilt on the frame.  I need to give this a little rest.

On Monday hubby and DIL organized a barbeque for my birthday and I wasn’t allowed to lift a finger or help with any of the preparations, I do love birthdays like these.  My daughter and I have birthdays one week apart and this was a double celebration.  We each had to pop a balloon and in one was a wonderful voucher from a local spa for a Winter Warmer package including sherry and soup.  In the little silver box preventing the balloons from flying away, was Lindt chocolate balls.

This latest quilt was made up of triangles and when searching for quilting motifs for triangles I was rather disappointed.  Most I have either done before or was simply too time-consuming for the purpose of the quilt.  I then played around with pen and paper and came up with this motif covering large sections at a time and fast-moving.

The quilt finished at 73” x 87” and was the 40th customer quilt I’ve done this year.  Whoopee!! and a huge thank you to all the quilters trusting me to finish their tops.



No comments:

Post a Comment