Saturday, July 24, 2021

Adria Good online course – Motif 3

I’ve always admired Adria’s leave motifs and although I’ve tried to replicate these I had very little success.  My leaves looked more like hearts than anything else, so let’s see if this video will help me. Here is an example of leaves I tried in October 2020 and you can clearly see, this looks more like hearts than leaves.

She also travels between leaves with either loops or meandering, so with this motif we basically added one new to the previous two motifs.

For this I chose a variegated green machine embroidery thread by Sylko,

I tried to combine the leaves with both loops and meandering but also tried only using leaves as a stand-alone motif if I ever have smaller areas in which not much travelling would be needed.

Flip, I’m cold and when I put the parrot to bed for her afternoon nap, I had a sneezing frenzy like nothing else.  It was so bad the parrot got up from underneath the blanket to check what was wrong with me.  A couple of hours later and even after taking tablets, it hasn’t stopped.  Suspecting an unwelcome cold on its’ way.

Yip, I do realise this motif still needs plenty of practice.

I should add, for future reference to myself, I am not at all impressed with Sylko thread.  It is the same weight as the previous thread I used but kept breaking, so the size of the needle could not be the problem.  However, this is another thread from my stash which might be ages old.

No comments:

Post a Comment