Friday, July 23, 2021

Online free motion course by Adria Good – Motif 2

Moving on to the video for motif 2 proved what I said in my previous post.  You can be able to do a motif from what you’ve seen but perfection comes from hearing the tips the experts have.  I’ve done loops on many previous quilts but they all seemed to turn out more like teardrops instead of round circles.  Here is an example of loops I did on a quilt in 2018.

In this video Adria explained how to do the perfect round shape and after trying this out on paper a couple of times, I moved to the machine.  For these, I chose a very bright lime green poly sheen by Mettler.

I can clearly see I need a lot more practise on this, I’ve focussed so much on getting the loops a perfect round that I often forgot to look where I am supposed to be heading but the basics have been laid and I can now just improve on that.

Now on to the next motif.

No comments:

Post a Comment