Saturday, July 24, 2021

Adria Good online course – Motif 4

My daughter and I went for a full hot stone body massage this morning, a gift for our birthdays earlier this month, by my son and DIL.  The moment I had to turn on my stomach I had another terrible hay fever attack.  Worst feeling ever, trying to enjoy the massage while hoping the snot won’t drip on the floor.  The poor therapist even gave me an Allergex from her purse and when we got to my daughters’ house, she gave me another tablet and a nasal spray but this was more than an hour ago with no relief yet.

I’ve seen Adria do this flower on many a quilt and what I like about the course is that even though this is a new motif, we get to combine the previous loop and leaves to these flowers.  The practice continues.  She calls this the Cha-cha-cha because of the three bumps around the centre.

When I started on the machine, I got so excited that I went beyond my marked square drawn out for this motif.  The reason for my excitement was not only because I got the flower right but I could also see a vast improvement in my leaves.  I’m getting there!

I used a dark red/plum Marathon thread for this.  I am experimenting with thread I have in my stash but on customer quilts I would most probably only use Isacord or Glide simply because I like the strength of these.  My quilts are thrown in the washing machine and I would not appreciate thread that breaks when the heavy wet quilt is pulled from the machine.




No comments:

Post a Comment