Sunday, July 25, 2021

Adria Good Online course – Motif 6

The swirl was up next and even though I’ve done plenty of these on quilts I’ve never considered adding loops in between to travel and after practising on paper found that with the loop one can stitch a large area much faster.  I often see tops, thinking swirls would be the perfect fit but then I am scared the quilter might not approve of the time swirls take to cover the whole area.  Popping in a couple of loops will definitely make this a faster edge to edge pattern.

I used a pretty blue Marathon thread.



Later in the video she showed doing swirls without the loops but much wider spread than I did it in the past.  I might just have some space on my practice sheet to add this if I don’t forget.

Hubby and I have our own pensioner snack.  We buy raw peanuts and roast them at home, having deliberately burnt some for that extra roasted peanut taste. We’ve shockingly worked out today we go through one kilogram per week!  We leave the dish in the kitchen and needless to say every time one of us would enter or exit, we’d take a handful.

I’ve also finally baked for my birthday and invited the kids over later this afternoon or evening.  When I wanted to bake for my birthday DIL organized a surprise barbeque for me, the next weekend was my daughter’s birthday, so today I could finally use the ingredients I bought.

From front to back a Savoury tart, caramel crackers and a coffee tart and that will conclude my baking for this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment