Thursday, July 01, 2021

9 Patch pleasure

As much as I admire intricate quilt blocks or techniques sometimes seeing or even making a traditional block that turns out lovely in a completed quilt, reminds me of the saying less is more.  This quilt is one of those.

I got to see the fabric when it was purchased, then saw the pattern the quilter decided to make and the first cuts were made by my house while the quilter came over one Saturday morning.  I knew she wanted me to quilt it, so the anticipation to see the completed top grew weekly. I finally got to see most of it (one border short) about 2 weeks ago and on Friday she brought the 3 layers for me to quilt.

I warned her that I might only start quilting on Wednesday due to other commitments but having an unquilted top laying around, is like having a terrible itch…. There is just no way I can ignore it.  Got it loaded on Saturday and started quilting, had to baste the rest late Sunday to take it off the frame for the artist I had an appointment with Monday afternoon. (I had to stitch through her artwork on PAPER, a nerve-wrecking experience which I hope not to repeat soon).

Once the artist was gone, it was all systems going but this was a huge quilt (94” x96”) and towards the end, I really regretted my decision on the intense quilting as it seemed to take forever which was 18 hours and 50 minutes but looking at the completed quilt, so worth the time behind the frame and the quilter was satisfied.

I’ve just finished watching the gruelling match between Angelique Kerber and Serena Torno and these super fit people make me feel extremely lazy but heck what a match!






No comments:

Post a Comment