Friday, July 02, 2021

Blueish twin baby quilts

After the Kerber tennis match dear old Roger Federer was up and although I realise, he is getting old, I will support him for as long as he plays and he didn’t disappoint.

Next up were 2 blue baby quilts for twins expected soon.  This quilter was clever in that she only brought one large backing and batting thus I could load both quilts at the same time.

This not only saves me on loading time but her on cost.  I have a minimum charge for everything under 2 hours as the process to prepare and load a small quilt is exactly the same as a large quilt.  Furthermore, I most always start with a new spool of thread.  With her having both quilts loaded on the same backing, the loading time was for one quilt only and edge to edge quilting is faster (cheaper) than intense custom quilting.

She decided to use the same fabric for both quilts but not exactly the same pattern and I then also did two similar but not exact motifs on each.




No comments:

Post a Comment