Thursday, December 17, 2020

Starting the festive season

Our office has officially closed for clients and the admin staff on the 11th.  The fitters however still continued to work as we just couldn’t fit everything in.  This meant I too had to work more seeing that I transfer their salaries and work out their leave due.  The nice part was that I didn’t have to attend to customers or even answer the phone.  I went in, did what needed to be done and then be it 9 am or 11 am, once done, I could return home.

This freed up some time to set up the Christmas tree, buy and wrap most of the gifts.


A while ago I also cut a practise piece of fabric but this sat on the guest bedroom bed and I just never got around to it. When I had all customer quilts out, this was the only obstacle preventing me from getting the guestroom ready.  With no other space in the house to neatly store cut fabric, I only had one solution and that was to load it on the frame, out of people and harms’ way. Oh, the temptation…. Not to quilt while having guests!

O really, who did I think I’d fool by loading a quilt and not touching it, once up on the frame, I simply couldn’t resist.


Then a quilter fetching my ‘last’ quilt for the year came around and left yet another quilt to be done but I might only get around to this one next year, so maybe that was my last customer quilt. She, however, did bring me a gift for Christmas and she is aware of how much I like my wine and decided to buy me a bottle, not because she knows much about the wine but because the bottle was so pretty and I have to agree.  I might just keep the bottle long after the wine is finished.


Finally, the day came when our first guest arrived and we had our first lunch. Way too much food according to everyone but little were left over.

The kids were back in the pool like we are used to this time of the year.


The time where we all just let go and sadly overindulge way too much.  Even the smallest one caught on quickly.

And with this, I wish everyone that took time to read a wonderful festive season and hope for all of us that 2021 will be slightly less disruptive.



No comments:

Post a Comment