Monday, December 14, 2020

Quilted ex-duvet cover

One of my co-workers is just as short as I am and for those tall people, something you might not understand is exactly how hard it is to get a duvet inner into the cover when short.  It is a struggle!  So finally being fed up with suffering, she unpicked the sides of her cover, bought batting and a sheet for backing and asked me to quilt it.

Not being a quilter but having seen some of my quilting, she requested ‘just an all-over simple pattern’ and after having done 6 quilts in 6 days I could think of nothing more simple than meandering.

Using manual mode again this took no longer than 2½ to finish this 83” x 88” quilt.  I already sent her pictures and she loved it. Although the office is officially closed for customers and the admin staff, I still have to go in to do our financial obligations and she'll come by this morning to pick it up.


Now I do believe I am done with client quilts for the year and good timing too as I need to clean my guest room (where I keep the quilts to be done) for our visitors coming on Wednesday.  In the meanwhile, I started planning meals and making a couple of dishes in advance.  No harm in being organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment