Saturday, December 12, 2020

Squares with cars

Off to take the parrot to the vet for beak and nail trimming this morning and then serious shopping for my guests need to be done.

A while back I quilted a quilt for a little girl and mom promised to make her son a quilt too and she kept her word.  She used fabric with cars printed on it and combined these with all the colours in the printed block.

With this being for a boy, we decided not to have anything floral or girly as quilt motifs but the quilter trusted me to do my thing.

Way back, when I still quilted on my domestic machine, long before words like ‘edge-to-edge’ or continuous line quilting’ had any meaning to me, I needed an all-over motif that I could simply start at the top in the centre, work my way down and repeat until I had the quilt done.  I was so over meandering and wanted something with a similar flow but a different look.

I played around with pen and paper and finally got an idea and because I’ve never seen this anywhere else I credited myself by calling it the Pringle-pointer.  This stitches out fast has no direction and is suitable for both men and women.

This was, therefore, the motif I decided to do on this little boy quilt and even though I loved it on my domestic machine, I’ve never used it with the long-arm.  Now I am quite convinced this is my new favourite motif on the long-arm too.


No comments:

Post a Comment