Monday, December 07, 2020

Dolly hearts

Sorry about the title but I am really not very creative when having to think up a name for a quilt.  The next one up will be even more of a puzzle but not a problem for today.  I SO enjoyed working on this.  I saw a similar quilt from a fellow long-armer and instantly realised the one I had on my waiting pile is so alike and the competitive gene in me, wanted mine to look better…. ‘Are you saying meow, meow’?  If you don’t challenge yourself and occasionally compare skills, how will you ever get better?

So more time was spent marking and planning than actually quilting but I wanted it to be really pretty.  Now with dolls and hearts as the focal point, I stuck to feathers and hearts for the quilting.  Luckily this quilter loves dense quilting, so I could play all I wanted to.

A couple of individual sections of the quilt






I think I like mine more than the other one I saw.


No comments:

Post a Comment