Thursday, December 31, 2020

Into the deep blues

I don’t get many quilts made using mostly dark colours, so these deep blues were rather refreshing.  All quilts do have lights, medium and darks but then the darks wood mostly be only one colour.  In this quilt the darks were predominant, still giving a pleasing outcome.

I continued with my quest to conquer pantographs by choosing something different and yes, I still struggle with spacing between the advances but taking note of what exactly could cause this and hoping to rectify it with each quilt I do.

For now, once the pantograph is taken off the frame, only I know where my blunders are and the overall motif still looks good.

This was the 10th quilt by the same quilter for this year and I think we are all way past the point where we ask “how does she do it” and just accept that she does.

I had terrible shoulder spasm after this but it may be just because of having to adopt a new position to follow the little laser light, hopefully, it will get better.

For years we’ve been celebrating New Years’ with the same group of friends but this year our plans were cancelled due to a curfew as a result of rising Covid numbers.  I already bought everything needed for the carnivore platter I had to make and seeing that small groups of the family may still get together I’ve invited the older kids for a ‘last-day-of-the-year’ late lunch. I might as well give my shoulder spasm somewhat of a break by prepping the platter and spending time with the kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment