Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Flower trucks

There…. I came up with a name for this quilt.  Even though these trucks are filled with flowers the recipient will be a little boy and I didn’t want to quilt flowers all over and noticed the saying on one of these blocks.  It says “Live simply” and I opted to keep the quilting simple too.  Less can be so much more.

I then just repeated the motif used in the borders and sashing for the small print blocks and simply outlining the words and trucks on the other blocks.





At one stage I thought of pebbling around the trucks in the empty space but with this cream background and a grey backing, I didn’t want to mix the thread colours as thread poking would definitely appear on either side.  This is the reason I prefer a printed backing, it allows me to chop and change thread colours to get the perfect match for the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment