Monday, January 27, 2020

Picture Perfect – Completed


After measuring certain areas I marked motifs on freezer paper to decide on placement and stiffened the paper with cardstock to allow me to trace around the shapes.

Since I got my machine I think I’ve only fully loaded my practice pieces when another long arm user introduced me to float.  I’ve done this for almost all the quilts I’ve ever quilted but with this one, I’ve decided to give full loading another go.  It takes more time to fully load all 3 layers than to simply just load the backing and then float the batting and top on top of that. 

I however recently read a blog where the long armer said she paid for all 3 bars, so she might as well use all three.  So I’m giving that a go again.

Trying to quilt while constantly having to check on “Mossie” is not an easy task but it is amazing how instinctive these little ones are.  With “Mossie” on my shoulder, the cat jumped onto my lap and the little bird started complaining immediately and when the cat jumped onto the desk, it actually flew from my shoulder to another table.  If I can now only get it to eat by itself, it is good to be set free.

So all I can do now is to take “Mossie” with me to the frame room whenever I’m not at my desk in the sewing room.

We had all the kids over for hubby’s birthday barbeque which is always nice but having all of them on the same weekend day meant that I had the next day off without expecting any visitors, so I made the most of my time to finish the quilting.

The completed quilt…. Yeah, I can see some major quilting placement errors, so no need to point these out to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment