Sunday, January 12, 2020

Picture Perfect – Borders added

I got up way before the rest of the family yesterday (daughter with flue and the little one slept over) and didn’t want to get behind the long-arm frame as the moving idler-bar makes somewhat of a noise.  Not enough to wake humans but it sure would have upset the dogs and parrot.

I then decided to cut and join the borders of this quilt and just as I got speed, our plugs tripped.  Hubby was able to switch it on again but one of the plugs on the mainboard refused to be switched back on.  We suspect somewhere something got too wet from all the rain but now we have to find out what and where.

While searching for any possible wet connections or plugs outside, hubby found this poor thing, cold, wet and almost dead outside.  So I’m raising my first little Cape Sparrow (I think that is the right English for what I know as a “mossie”).  Quick You Tube course on feeding and with cat pellets soaked mixed with some AV Plus I think this one is doing good.

The bad part of trying to raise this little one is that it needs to be fed every 45 minutes, so there goes my plan for uninterrupted stretches of quilting.  As the saying goes “life happens while you are making other plans”.

I did get to finish the borders and now I have no less than 3 tops to quilt.  Guess that, along with feeding a baby, could keep me busy for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment