Friday, January 17, 2020

Picture Perfect – Got the perfect backing


I got up early on Wednesday and started cooking for the dogs when it hit me I did laundry on Tuesday and these, with me, cleverly deciding to pamper myself, were still in the washing machine.  So early morning tumble dry and ironing had to be done and while at the washing machine I popped the backing of this quilt in the wash and ironed that out neatly too.  Although I haven’t even finished the Courthouse Steps quilt binding, it is nice to be prepared for the next quilt.  I love this colourful backing.

The little ‘mossie’ takes over my life.  It insists on sitting on my shoulder and I can hardly move.  The poor thing fell off several times and I feel terrible every time this happens (never on a carpet always on a hard floor, shame), so now I sit and sit and sit, not getting anything done.  I pray for the day to pass until 18:30 when I give it the last feed and put it in a dark cupboard to sleep.  This, however, leaves me, who goes to bed at 8pm, very little time to do anything else, seeing that I still need to eat, do dishes, watch the news and chat to hubby.

I’ve started recycling my scrap fabric and batting.  I keep this in a plastic bag in my sewing room and all scraps go into the bag.  Once I have enough to stuff a continental pillowcase and sew this close, I will donate it to an animal rescue centre.  I got this idea from another blogger and decided to make use of and re-use my scraps.  This, and only this, will be my good deed for the year.  Okay, I will make several pillows, so not only one deed but several deeds.

Hubby is back from his business trip of 4 days so life will hopefully, return to somewhat normal with me not having to be responsible for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment