Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Courthouse Steps Quilt – Planning the borders


Once I had all the inner quilting done, I took the quilt off the frame as I’ve always wanted to quilt feathers all around the centre on a border.  Doing this experimental on a customer quilt, scared me somewhat so what better opportunity than with this quilt.  The only problem was that I had very little backing to two sides of the quilt, which means I won’t be able to turn the quilt and the border will have to be done in sections on both sides.  This will lead to plenty of starts and stops, not quite my idea of fun. Here is the quilted centre, ready for me to mark the borders.

Hubby is out of town for business and I’m not sure for how long, all depends on the project, so I treated myself to watching a movie but what a disappointment this turned out to be.  I can never judge a movie by the preview and I honestly think they take the scariest sections, slam them all together to make one believe it will be good to watch.

Yesterday evening we had a ladies’ night and as usual, it was fun, fun, fun!  There is nothing like spending time with good, honest friends but the headache and memory loss the next morning is less fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment