Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Courthouse Steps Quilt – Finally done quilting


It turned out a good thing that I didn’t do these feathers on a customer quilt the first time.  I watched The Threadworks Factory’s YouTube video “Tips for quilting a custom free-motion feather border” many times but still overlooked one step.  After having the first two sides not  truly nice, I contacted Patricia Heinrich Hechler, who (as kind as only she can be) helped me out once more.  So then, a little more knowledgeable, I tackled the other two sides.

After our girls night on Monday my son dropped off oldest granddaughter as they had somewhat of a nanny crisis and she had to come to the office with me on Tuesday.  Gosh was I disorganized!  I am so used to just having to take care of myself in the mornings, to suddenly get another soul going, took some.  Especially when I told her to get dressed and brush her teeth and she so seriously said “but I only brush my teeth after breakfast”.  Heck yes, little ones need breakfast!  Because we start work so early, we hardly ever eat breakfast during the week.

After she left  (yip, I remembered to serve lunch) I cut and sewed the binding on the front of the quilt, to be able to do the back by hand once hubby returns and I can sit with him.

Still rather tired from the overdose of wine I had on Monday, I decided just to relax yesterday evening, treating myself to a facial scrub and mask, soaking my feet and paying attention to my toenails. Now and then one should simply take time out just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment