Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Courthouse Steps Quilt – Part 2


I interrupted my New Years’ Mystery to join the blocks of this quilt in rows and display them on the design wall.  I didn’t want to start joining the rows until hubby took a look at the layout as many a time before, I stitched a quilt and when he sees it against the wall, he’ll point out mistakes – mostly blocks or strips turned the wrong way.  So while it awaited final inspection I continued with the mystery.

Once he got home and gave the ‘okay’ – he couldn’t find any mistakes (whoop-whoop!!) I joined the rows.  I then took it to a double bed to check the size and was pleasantly surprised that it didn’t quite come out as small as I thought.  It must be due to the 12 extra blocks I made.

I then decided to add a border just to give it a little more body but that had to wait until I got another clue of the mystery quilt done.
With the mystery done as far as I could when I ran out of fabric, I added borders to this one and it now fits over a double bed properly with sides that hang off the edge almost to the floor.  I have the backing fabric but will have to get batting before I can start quilting this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment