Thursday, January 09, 2020

Royal squares - Part 2


I think I can safely say that I am back to the routine at the office but the afternoon routine at home is still taking time to get used to.  Having to start the laundry, ironing, supper, pets and quilting all in a short afternoon, when I had the whole day to spread this during our break is taking its’ toll but I think all will be better soon.

I am still amazed at how time flies.  With my current quilting all up to a point where I could not go on, I decided to catch up with this one as I had 40 of the one block (two-block quilt) done and thought I’d get started with the second one.

Opened this UFO’s drawer and was pleasantly surprised to see that I already made quite a lot of block 2’s but taking into consideration that I started this in August 2019, it should have been done by now. 

Ironed the blocks that came out of the drawer first to start counting and then I could continue.

After finishing 40 Block 2’s I tested the size on EQ and saw that I needed to make 10 of each block more.  With 100 blocks done, once I have space on my design wall, I can start laying these out although there is not much to it, I simply have to alternate the blocks.  

My back, however, is now in spasm from all the quilting done and I just need to take a break.


1 comment:

  1. Nice looking blocks. Fun to have them started and the spark they make when you were away from them for awhile. Hope you get into your a new routine.Chris

    ReplyDelete