Monday, January 13, 2020

Courthouse Steps Quilt – Started the quilting process


Whoever said “life is fair” or “life is about the choices you make”, had no idea of what happens in my life.  While trying my best to keep the little ‘mossie’ alive a baby dove landed on the ground outside my daughters’ house and guess who she phoned?   So there I was trying to raise two different wild birds, with a job, a houseful of other pets, no helper in the house, loving my quilting and I do also love making time for family and friends.  I wonder if one can ask for days with more hours.

I tried to get a start on the quilting of this and for the centre of each block I decided to go for a more detailed motif but with two birds to feed,  it will be the only detailed areas on this quilt.

I surrounded the centre motifs with random loops in different sizes; I wanted something fast-moving which wouldn’t take up a ton of my time, which I currently don’t have much of.

Sadly the little dove did not make it, I’ve tried to raise several of these and experience taught me not to ponder too much about this or blame myself.  Nature seems to take its’ toll, let go and let God.


No comments:

Post a Comment