Saturday, January 04, 2020

Picture Perfect – Clue 1 done


This is the last weekend of my 3-week December break from the office but I am not overly disappointed.  We had great times with family and friends, I got plenty of quilting, reading and relaxing done and I am one of those people who are driven by structure and routine. 

I hate not knowing what day of the week it is or what the date is and between Christmas and New Year these become a blur.  Spoke to another quilter yesterday complaining about this and her reply was “oh no, I function extremely well not knowing the day or date” – to each his own.

Quilting friend, Sonja, invited me to join the Facebook page “Mystery Quilts Anonymous” and I saw that they were starting a quilt-along on New Years’ day.  I then invited another quilting friend, Karin, to join too and asked both of them whether they feel like doing the quilt-along.  I believe the more the merrier and I was pleasantly surprised when both said they were in.

The hostess of the quilt-along, however, is from New Zealand and the quilt was meant to be done in a day but their New Year started before ours and the first clues came through by us on the last day of the year while I still wanted to catch an afternoon nap before the New Years’ eve celebrations.  So from the get-go, I knew I would fall behind.

New Year’s Day wasn’t any better (time-wise) and I only got to print out the clues that came through somewhere during our evening or night but after the many celebrations, we had, very little made sense.  Luckily Karin phoned to wish me a happy New Year and told me she made an all-nighter with her quilt, so I guess she’s the only one fairly up to date.  She then suggested I should watch the videos released with every clue before cutting as the written directions can be confusing. 

When I finally got a day where I was less tired and capable of quilting, I tackled the clues along with the videos until it made sense.

These are the blocks from Clue 1, page 1

And then the second block from Clue 1, page 2 & 3

I opted to go with fabric from my stash and not buy any new fabric, so my blue might just later turn scrappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment