Monday, February 10, 2020

Royal Squares – Completed


I got this quilt loaded last Friday, knowing we had to babysit late Saturday afternoon, so I didn’t want to get too involved to a point where I didn’t want to stop.  So I fooled around on one border only doing simple echoed circles.

After babysitting and getting to bed way too late for 2 nights in a row, I wasn’t up to much the Sunday, so I opted to watch tennis and started cutting for my next scrappy quilt instead. If my counting wasn’t crappy (as it usually is) this should make a fairly big quilt.

My son rescued an adult Hadida with both legs entangled in lint/rope and brought it to us to keep overnight.  We took it to the vet the next morning and they managed to cut the rope but the rope cut so deep into the flesh that we’re not sure any blood supply went to the lower leg.  However, as the rope was removed, a small part started bleeding which meant this could attach again.  The vet bandaged the leg and gave us a couple of days to keep it as quiet as possible to see what would happen.  Sadly it didn’t make it and died the Wednesday night.

This quilt only had 2 blocks and in these, I chose to do ribbon candy in the cream and a continuous line motif in the coloured squares.


With this one finished I can honestly say I made a mentionable dent in my scrap drawers but still have plenty left to work with.

This quilt measures 90" x 90".

No comments:

Post a Comment