Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter project done

I stitched the top together on Tuesday evening but I didn't get anything done on Wednesday.  I had an evening class and printed center panel patterns all morning.

Thursday I added the first think navy border.

By the evening I had the second border on and my quilt covered with pins and pinmoors ready for quilting during the all night quilting friend Karin and I planned for Friday evening.

To see how nice pinmoors work, take a look at this video.

I ordered mine from Day Style Designs.

Somehow Karin and I weren't very productive but then we figured we haven't seen each other (for a week!!) and needed to catch up on some talking.  So we mostly talked but she did a couple of goody bag projects and then started quilting a baby panel quilt.

When I finally got going with the quilting I made good progress and was able to finish the binding Sunday evening while watching the movie on TV with DH.  There are still a couple of piecing mistakes but at least I now get the unit of construction and it can only get better from here.

Completed:  15 April 2012

1 comment:

  1. This really fascinating.I know you talked about starting this. See you get so much done. Chris