Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Twisted Rail 1


While waiting for the next clue to the mystery “ GoodFortune “ and surfing the internet I found another fun to do and easy pattern that does make a statement over HERE.


Up at 4 am one lovely weekday morning I decided to make a quick test block but not being awake properly I didn’t quite think it through but with a stretch of my imagination I got the idea of what is was supposed to look like.


I went on somewhat of a shopping craze and got myself another set of zipper leaders.  This way when I have one of my own quilts on the frame and need to do a customer quilt, I can just quickly zip mine off and put the new one on.


I also purchased a TOWA gauge to set my bobbin tension correct with any kind of thread I wish to use.  I haven’t had time to test this little bugger but everyone sings its’ praises, so I’m hoping for the best. In fact I just noticed that even though I ordered a TOWA I was given a Bernina tension guide, now for their sake I hope this works equally well because it was definitely not what I ordered.


I have all my fabric ready for this quilt and as time allows I can get cutting away.


But first I had to attend my son's graduation. A degree with distinction.  Proud of the old chap.
First strips cut and off I go



No comments:

Post a Comment