Saturday, December 29, 2018

Cat panel quilt 1


After returning from my pedicure yesterday I dug through my drawer filled with panels that I can hardly open or close and decided to start with this.

I found lovely cat squares so they were the first to undergo surgery.


I saw THIS VIDEO and chose to make my squares accordingly even though mine weren’t different in size.

I cut my blocks and ended up with 21 blocks 7½” x 7½”


Then searched through my stash to find matching background fabric.


I used my 12½” square ruler to cut the backgrounds and had no math involved in this, it just seemed easier to simply cut around my ruler than having to find the exact block measurement.  My other good intention for 2019 was to make more scrap quilts and at this stage I already had one in mind and after cutting out my background squares for the cat panel quilt, I cut the leftover fabric into 2½” strips for my scrappy quilt.


Pretty soon I had something new happening on my design wall.

These were all just cut and placed on the design wall, the final placement on the background and sewing them together still need to happen.

1 comment:

  1. It looks very pretty so far. I like your color choices.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete