Sunday, December 16, 2018

Good Fortune 4


Well, the office officially closed on Friday and my parcel arrived on time but sadly I am not done yet.  As per usual dear hubby always has that last minute (week) crunch time arrangements that he needs me for.  At least I am still needed.  I so enjoyed my parcel and the content and at 700 South African Rand per bottle of Sew Clean this stuff must be amazing.  However at that price I will save it for extremely special cleaning jobs.


Hubby and I went for a Meze supper and it was rather nice to be home before the news on TV at 19:00 – we are doing it old people style now.

I added strips to the second duvet cover backing for Big Man and joined batting to have enough for this one.  Not my favorite activity (joining batting) but waste not, want not, I guess.

With my weekly cleaning crew on holiday I got up early Saturday morning and started cleaning with my quilt frame room the first to get done.  This way if I get fed up with cleaning I know I am set to go have fun.  It is just hell hot early morning (5 am) and the sweat is building up in my head after mopping a single room.... many more to go and then still vacuuming the carpets.  Fortunately I don’t have to hand wash the laundry!

By early afternoon, having read through the instructions to Clue 4  and knowing what to do, I lost the plot.  For as long as I can remember or ever since I figured out how to Free Motion I would much rather do that than piecing.  So getting myself away from the (by then already loaded quilt) frame was almost impossible.  But who wants to leave this for string piecing?


When I finally started piecing I had to set some kind of a reminder that I still need to wrap gifts before the little ones returned from their trip and at times like these, my sewing table becomes a hot mess.


And having a parrot who insists on helping you doesn’t make life any easier


Well before the weekend is over, I am done!



No comments:

Post a Comment