Friday, December 28, 2018

Good intentions


Thursday hubby and I ran through this house like crazy trying to clean, me wiping surfaces with a wet rag, him following me with the vacuum cleaner and me returning with the mop for the hardwood floors.  At least the house was clean for half a day for with all our pets we never seem to win against dust /sand carried in, hair and feathers all over everything not to mention the occasional poop and vomit.  Why do I do this to myself?

Today I tried to clean my sewing room (an annual event) but I told hubby it seemed as if I just moved stuff from one cupboard to another, not really getting rid of anything.  I never make New Years’ resolutions but this year I have a couple of ‘good intentions’.  Before the clean-up I thought to make less quilts and focus more on free motion skills but alas seeing what all hides in my cupboards and drawers I will have to make some quilts.


Now my good intentions for 2019 are (whether it will happen I really cannot guarantee).  Continue with making panel quilts to use the panels in the totally overfilled drawer and make more scrap quilts to work away all the fat quarters I meaninglessly bought as a newbie quilter 18 years ago without having any rhyme or reason for my purchases.

I think I should revisit Becky Tillman Petersens' free pattern page and see what I can make.

My cleaning continued until 09:30 this morning as I had a mini pedicure appointment at 10am but even though somewhat disorganized I didn’t quite have such a mess as last year.  So time off from cleaning this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment