Friday, April 26, 2019

Woodland Animals 7


We had the most rain in years over Easter weekend so our little world is wet, wet, wet but after the intense drought we endured I don’t think anyone will complain.

The nest was the first of the smaller applique pictures I made and these tend to be more time consuming than the larger ones but I should not start complaining now as this will be the way to go until done.

I ran out of Steam-a-seam lite and I find other applique paper so annoying.  Even though my choice clogs up the needle a little I can assemble a whole unit on a Teflon sheet on my light table before taking it over to the quilt and this cannot be done with ordinary applique paper.

I made 4 little mushrooms to place on the background but did not applique the white dots due to the tiny size and decided to paint these.  I allowed the first coat to dry overnight before applying another coat of paint.


Four (of what must surely be the tiniest applique I’ve ever done) bees were sewn and I see my satin stitch doesn’t look good at all but just as I think I’m heading in any direction it was time to turn and head another way.

The scattered leaves were the last of the applique work and not a moment too soon.  Now, however, my posting about this will be interrupted until quilted.



No comments:

Post a Comment