Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Quilted duvet cover completed

I fished this way too fast as now I again have no free motion to do.  I used the original duvet backing for binding.



This year is going way too fast for me.  I am usually rather organised with things such as family gatherings and preparation of food for these events but somehow Easter crept up on me without me even noticing.

I plan a menu for the next week during the week we are in.  By Sunday early morning I shop for my groceries, start prepping later Sunday and during the week I only have a little to do to finish the meal of the day. Last week was no different but when I checked my diary – mostly to see hubbies travel plans (I don’t cook if he is not at home) – I saw Easter hitting us already this weekend.  NO!! I thought I still had a month or so. Shopping list had to be adjusted dramatically and suddenly to include ingredients for pickled fish which we have as Easter Sunday brunch with Hot Cross Buns.

So instead of prepping my weekly meals on Sunday, the plans changed and I started out with the pickled fish.  New recipe containing only 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes but it turned out to be hell hot.  Hope I can get any of the family to eat some or I will be left with the whole dish to myself.



I even made a vegan version for my daughter.



While busy pickling, with some baby onions on hand, I tried a pickled onion recipe too


And finally while searching for recipes I saw a thick vegetable soup and started cooking this seeing that colder weather is on its way to us.  I can always freeze this for other days when I am not in the mood for cooking.

Back to quilting, these are all the elements used to quilt this duvet cover.



This grayscale photo shows the all over motif used on the larger part of the quilt more clearly.



No comments:

Post a Comment