Sunday, April 14, 2019

Woodland Animals 4

I’ve already taken a picture of the bear when I noticed I forgot to stitch the mouth but by then I’ve tidied my sewing room for the night and left it until the next morning.



As much as I do enjoy working on the Woodland Animals quilt I can only go that long without free motion quilting.  Unlike other longarmers simply taking a blank piece of fabric and playing on it, does not do it for me.  I prefer structure.  I need shapes, a plan or something to work in or around and not having anything at this time; I bought a duvet cover for our bed, popped it in the wash and unpicked the sides.  Bought backing slightly larger than the top and loaded it onto the frame.   
            
I am still not any good at designing but with every new quilt a new idea comes to mind and it usually looks just fine.  So for the rather blank top area of the duvet cover, I decided on doing circles – our bed is after all round.

Circles done, I started with the fillers.



Fillers completed.



When the grandkids came over last weekend I noticed grandson (2½) started playing with cars and I decided to get him a road mat.  Then shopped for some cars so next time this little terror came over I would have something new to entertain him for a couple of minutes… hopefully.



The duvet cover had a band of about 8” separating the plain top part from the rest and on this, I decided to stick with the circles and just add some curved lines in between.




DIL went on a school tour with the chess kids for this weekend so we had the little ones over again.  As predicted, grandson was fascinated by the mat for about 2 minutes but the cars had to stay with him all the time.  Granddaughter stayed over for Friday evening and grandson came to visit on Saturday when his sis went to a playdate with a friend.  So not much else happened quilt wise.

2 comments: