Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Woodland Animals 1

My daughter has decided on Woodland Animals as the theme for her first baby.  Needless to say, I had to google it.  I knew about pets, farm animals, wildlife, baby dinosaurs and circus animals for baby quilts and then she pulls the rug out from under my feet coming up with this!

I started playing with ideas while they were away for a weekend and we were asked just to check on their dogs once a day, which we did and this is what hubby found when he went to their house Sunday morning.



Time to start designing and it is so sad that freezer paper is not readily available in South Africa for I regard this as the best designing tool ever.  Luckily my sis lived in Dubai for a year and upon returning their furniture in crates, she popped in a couple of boxes for me.
Background layout is done, and ready to start with the piecing.



I cannot remember when last I used spray starch to fold over the edges of an applique piece but I wanted to do it on this quilt.  I am not a huge fan of raw edge applique but would much rather use raw edge, than a satin stitch, now that I truly dislike.



Okay, the background is finished but I think that was the easy part.  I am somewhat stressed about the scale of the different animals and how that would work.  I’ve never quite been able to view a flat object in 3-D.



No comments:

Post a Comment