Friday, April 19, 2019

Woodland Animals 5


I moved on with this and finished the little bunny later one afternoon.  I am so grateful for my Isacord thread cabinet as it seems I am using a variety of thread colours. I suppose once done, I’ll have to tack down those little pesky thread ends with fray stop or something?



I thought of doing at least one or part of one critter per day but life happens while you are making other plans.

Had to take Socks to the vet, been vomiting and losing weight for months now but a huge chunk of my salary later, none the wiser.  Not HIV, not Leukaemia, no dental issues and no tumours in the stomach.  Blood taken to test for any kidney issues and so we wait.


It was good to have a fairly normal routine the next afternoon to make and finish the hedgehog.



Midway in my attempt to progress with this, my machine simply froze/jammed.  Took it to the dealer after work, quick fix but once home one centimetre after stitching, the same thing happened.  

Obviously, it was back to machine hospital and this just before the weekend.  Anyhow I feel a cold/flue creeping up on me and thus not such a bad time for my machine to act up (if it is the machine, I would not be surprised if the dealer phones me saying something like “hey, stupid, next time remember to do this or that”.)

Fortunately, I do have a spare machine but haven’t used this is ages.  After cleaning it I managed to finish the racoon

.

Results of our cat, Socks’ blood tests came back with no significant ailments, so because of his constant vomiting the vet suspect that the tummy acids might be burning his stomach lining, throat and mouth.  Medication given to sooth the stomach, boost his appetite and a general immune system builder and as a special treat canned food for digestive problems. Socks eats regularly but only tiny amounts at a time and thinking that I’ll give him some canned food after forcing the medication down his throat I dished up 2 teaspoons in a saucer.  Big mistake, Socks ate as if he never had food in days.  So if lucky a can might only last me a day if I feed him twice after giving his medication.  What I wouldn’t do for these pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment