Sunday, April 21, 2019

Woodland Animals 6


Thursday evening hubby and I decided to sleep late on Friday morning with it being Easter Friday.  This is something neither one of us can really do but we thought we’d give it a try.  Wishful thinking as our security alarm went off at 3 am, showed it was outside somewhere and we got up, switched lights on, ready to attack the unknown enemy.  Silence….. a whole lot of nothingness but by then we were wide awake.  Had some coffee, got back into bed, watched a little TV and got in another hours’ sleep or so but then we were done with the fun and got our lives started.

Pulled the bedding off and while having these in the wash I continued with my sewing.

DIL invited us for Sunday lunch so we moved the pickled curry fish and Hot Cross buns up to Friday lunch for another family get-together. I made pizza for the grandkids as I know they wouldn’t like the fish and/or curry. After lunch, the little ones even dared their bodies in the water even though colder outside.

The rest of my Friday was exactly as the name suggested ‘Good’.  After the kids left I took a lovely afternoon nap and then enjoyed watching ATP tennis until I was ready for bed again.

Next to get done was the squirrel and another one that, after I took the photo, only realised I didn’t do the little feet and knee/hip.  By then the thread I used to outline the body has been put away and I had to find it again.  Turned out that what I thought to be the right colour was way lighter than the outline colour but so it will stay.

I did the bird which in hindsight might be somewhat out of scale compared to the other animals but this too will not change.

While hubby and our garden helper entertained themselves outside cleaning roofs and gutters I went to a local museum where they exhibited the annual Travelling Quilts.  I saw two that really caught my attention.  Always something new to keep me motivated.


No comments:

Post a Comment