Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Woodland Animals 3

With my layout rather set I had to begin to applique each and every little animal and detail.  Ughh… what did I get myself into.


The animals were way too tiny to do fold over applique and I just had to go with satin stitching.  Phoned my local Pfaff dealer and heck, it is not who you are but who you know and within two ticks, telling me, over the phone, which stitch and tension (I am after all a quilter and use mostly straight stitching) to use, I got the hang of it and with my ‘newer’ Pfaff it automatically lifts the foot to allow you to turn direction, I got Bambi (or then the deer) finished.


With a little thunder in the air late afternoon, I decided to switch off my machine and clean my room midway in doing the little fox.  Got up early morning and was able to complete this little critter.


Apart from being vegan my daughter is also really set on being kind to Mother Nature so she decided not to use disposable nappies but go for cloth nappies.  Another surprise to me, these are no longer the square white cotton towelling I used but modified to perfection.  I again had to search Google to see what, where and when.  Found a shop and seeing that I did not know which was what I simply ordered a birth to potty complete set.  If they regard it enough I guess it should be.



No comments:

Post a Comment