Sunday, April 07, 2019

Woodland Animals 2

Standing by my ironing board I couldn’t understand why I used to love this technique as it suddenly felt so tedious. 


Then it hit me, I bought a mini iron especially for this purpose, to be able to sit and iron and then I changed my setup to make this more pleasurable.


I have the tree pinned to the background but not stitched in place yet.  The plan is to let Bambi stand behind the tree, so first Bambi and then the tree.


Turned out Bambi’s body was just too short to come out from behind the tree.  Bambi had to move forward and my tree trunk made shorter so Bambi would not stand on top of the tree.

We had the grandkids for a sleepover and it differs so much from when they were tiny and unable to walk.  Now they can go where they want to, do what they want and we just need to keep bringing the food and drinks.


2 comments:

  1. Love your showing of the stages of your new quilt. Yes grandies grow up so quickly and keep us all very busy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I often read blogs and wonder how the quilter got from one stage to the next, so hopefully not boring anyone too much.

      Delete