Sunday, August 02, 2020

Grandmother’s flower garden

The quilter dropped this quilt off at the office after I already left on Friday, so hubby brought it home.  Knowing that we’ll have the older grandkids for a sleepover, I opted to rather do the binding of the previous quilt by hand while sitting with them instead of trying to concentrate behind the frame.

Pizza and camp beds on Friday night was a huge (and messy) hit with the little ones.

Breakfast Saturday morning was equally interesting.  Our princess is a huge meat eater unlike her brother which is not too fond of dead animals, so I made bacon and cheese grillers and hubby made porridge but the little terror decided to make his own breakfast which looked like this……


… and he ate it!

Early Saturday morning I cut the batting and got the quilt loaded.  Sadly this quilter feels a quilt is just something that lies around in your house and not gets used.  She therefor got fleece as backing and just wanted me to echo inside and around the flowers.  I, however, wonder how the batting will withstand several washes in the not quilted areas or will it bunch up?

This photo shows a couple of flowers

Which can be seen better on the backing

The grandkids are becoming older now and can keep themselves busy for extensive lengths of time and I actually quilted while they were here.  Logan once came into my frame room once and asked what I was doing and not to complicate the answer, I said “I’m working” and so sweet he replied “o you are working” and left the room.

This morning we had the little one and her parents over and she had some fun with bubbles in the baby pool

I finished the quilt just before they arrived.




No comments:

Post a Comment