Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Eating, shopping and no quilting

DIL invited us for supper on my son’s birthday on the 21st of August and as with all her cooking, absolutely magnificent even though the brisket took her a full day to cook.



Needless to say, visiting them, we simply cannot escape the little terror that would use any excuse just to be by his grandad. However, grandad had to be at the office at 6 am Saturday morning and left while the little one was still asleep and he was stuck with me.


When he returned home, I treated myself to some long arm videos and practise sessions which can never be underestimated.


Had youngest granddaughter Saturday afternoon and this one is seriously trying to stand alone.  I invited the kids for cake on Sunday but my daughter simply decided she couldn’t wait a day longer and had a slice.



On Monday I invited the kids over for curried lamb (head, stomach and feet – called “afval” in South Africa) but seeing that the curry had a bite, got pizza for the little ones.

I ordered wide printed sheeting from Chamdor.com for quilt backings and the parcel arrived on Tuesday at the office.  I am happy with the quality but should take a closer look at the print on the fabric next time.  I ordered a blueish colour and it turned out to be full of grocery related word.  So we learn.


My son helped me to purchase this tablet pen online and although another learning curve, I’d be able to audition quilt motifs on my PC screen instead of having to print it on paper in a plastic sheet and use a whiteboard marker.  Guess what I’ll be doing the next couple of days?






No comments:

Post a Comment