Friday, April 06, 2018

Free motion quilt along hosted by Angela Walters – 6


Whenever hubby goes on a business trip out of town and I don’t have to cook, I guess it feels like school holiday when I was a child.  It just seems not having to cook allows for so much time to do something else and I do make the most of this.  I started cutting and piecing fabric for a new project – yip another free motion quilt along and with this one, I am taking my time into piecing and stitching these to perfection.  These are some of my perfectly square 6½” rail fence squares.



And then it began to rain.  Now we do NEED rain badly and I don’t mind but along with it comes thunder and the dreaded lightning.  With our history of attracting lightning I did not take any chances…. Unplugged everything electronical or linked to the internet.  Fortunately my new project just need cutting for now.  So at least something else to do.

When the rain stopped I could do the next video in the challenge and I think I can safely say “I will not be doing many serpentine lines on my quilting.  This is just not for me but I don’t think my blocks came out that badly although I didn’t seem to get the hang of changing direction. .. Que Sera Sera!



1 comment:

  1. I still struggle with doing any machine quilting. Looks like you are making progress.

    ReplyDelete