Thursday, April 06, 2017

Scrappy strips 3

I was brought down to basic level rather hard.  Thinking I am making a scrappy quilt and there wouldn’t be much to it…… big, no HUGE mistake.  Some time ago, I decided quilting was my hobby and I’m not doing this to win any awards or be noticed by anyone, as long as I can find a bed for a quilt, I’d be quite satisfied.  This however comes with its drawbacks and I slacked on accurate cutting and piecing and it really didn’t bother me too much until now.

My strips were supposed to be cut 2” wide and then the plain (white) strips in between should be 14” long and I thought I did it well enough but not perfect and it just didn’t work.  So after unpicking a whole block, re-measuring and re-stitching, I remembered one of my DH’s favourite sayings “if you do it right the first time, you won’t have to do it more than once”.  Darn….. I hate clever people but I guess I have taken note!


So finally I have my first block measuring an exact 14” x 14” done.  Hoping to do at least one block a day (wishful thinking) I should be able to finish this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment