Sunday, April 30, 2017

Ever after kids’ panel – Part 1

I have a drawer filled with panels for babies or young children and I hardly ever look at these until I now cleaned the sewing room and decided I must turn these into quilts. This however meant I will have to work through my Electric Quilt manual for the umpteenth time, as I can never remember how to do what when.  I think the fact that I only use this about once every 3 years adds to my memory loss.


I did however take one panel out (without looking at the others for then I wouldn’t be able to make up my mind) and pinned it to a design wall for it to be a constant reminder of what I plan.
What a surprise it was when I opened the manual and things simply started falling in place and it only took me a couple of hours to have a layout and basic plan for this panel.  It seems the Thiamine prescribed after the tick bite fever (to help my memory as it attacked my organs including my brain) helps more than I ever imagined!

So this is what my initial EQ design looked like.  I was simply too lazy to draw all the finer detail but I knew what had to be done and the colour of the fabric won’t necessarily be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment