Monday, April 17, 2017

Not turning into a food blog

It is absolutely amazing when you can’t have food, how it simply becomes the one thing you constantly think about.  Planning most of my weekly meals ahead has almost become second nature but occasionally it can backfire.

This week I’ve decided to do the weekly menu of one of our bigger food retailers and guess what is on the menu tonight?  Smoked apricot and honey glazed snoek with “roosterkoek” (directly translated it would be grilled cake, but basically bread) with apricot jam.

There I was smoking the fish, smelling the flavours, spreading the jam and unable to eat a single thing.  So cup-a-soup, here I am again.

So this is what hubby got for dinner.



And then there’s mine….. at least I have “after dinner wine” – both served with straws!

No comments:

Post a Comment