Monday, February 13, 2012

Simple Yet Elegant BOM - Preparing border applique

This weekend I kept my head down preparing the freezer paper applique pieces for my Simple Yet Elegant quilt borders.  I already have the borders measured and cut to size and I knew the freezer paper shapes were the last obstacle before I can start the hand sewing.

Now it may not look like much being bagged neatly here but there are exactly 188 little applique pieces!!

Then when taking a break from these I read our quarterly guild magazine and a fellow quilter does charity work by teaching domestic workers to make projects using yo-yo's and asked our help with fabric or fabric circles.

Having an Accuquilt Go I could help with this and in no time had two containers with what I guess should be more than 1000 circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment