Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Wild colour quilt


As promised I refrained from quilting on Sunday, to give my back as well as my shoulder/ear (these two somehow go together) a break.  I did finish the binding on Quilt 3 mentioned in my previous post but that was outside, relaxing with a glass of wine.  I also prepped batting in joining and cutting these into equal-sized blocks just to make up when needed for a specific quilt.

I also decided to spoil myself a little this week by ordering cooked meals delivered to my door.  So no, coming from work and having to start chopping onions for supper.  Monday night we had Biltong, feta and peppadew quiche (it was good and they weren’t stingy with the biltong) and a green salad (so I did have to chop onions for the salad!)

This is not the name I gave to this quilt but the way the male quilters’ wife described it to me.  Wild or not, I think he did extremely well and this is not his first quilt and from the looks of it, definitely won’t be his last. She arrived late afternoon to drop it off and I managed to load all the layers after supper but didn’t want to start quilting so close to my bedtime.

Today after work I did the laundry and took out the delivered oxtail and I just cooked some pasta rice to go with it.

I finished this quilt just in time to heat the oxtail, do the ironing and get ready for supper, the news and bedtime.




No comments:

Post a Comment