Friday, July 17, 2020

Shuffled bricks


This quilt was delivered late Tuesday afternoon and I had every intention of starting to quilt it on Wednesday however, at the office my daughter, with the flue, and having an equally ill baby, phoned in tears and needed her momma.  Now Covid-19 and all, it’s my child and for her, I’ll die, so left the office to help and try to bring some relief.  Little one obviously felt her mom’s neglect and acted out but by me, she was her ever-so-energetic self and we had a good- good day.  Nobody got miraculously cured but emotionally it was good for mom, baby and even me, who was able to help.

I finally got the quilt loaded Thursday after work but that did not mean I could start with it.  House-hold chores had to be done first.  I washed the bedding where the ill patients took a nap and had to fix supper, luckily this quilter requested a fairly large all-over flower-and-leaf motif which isn’t too much concentrating, marking or ruler work.

The ill baby got her first quad bike and doesn’t look ill at all on this photo.

I managed to do almost half of the quilting before calling it a night to do my evening female routines and hit the sack.  After work this afternoon I finished the last bit and tonight I am simply taking a break from all quilting.




No comments:

Post a Comment