Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Quilt 2 – Stitches for Africa


The second quilt was a combination of 9-patch and plain (whole) blocks and I had it loaded early morning but sadly the floors desperately needed a mop and I had to do some grocery shopping.  I think during this time of Covid-19, cleanliness in every house should not be neglected but gee whiz, I could boil an egg in my behind as I really just wanted to quilt.

I cheated just a little after doing the shopping and quilted 2 blocks just to see if I’d be happy with the plan made… or that is the excuse I told myself.  As with all good things, the bad too comes to an end and now my floors are impeccable.  I still have the surfaces to clean but I am sure I’ll manage those in-between quilting a couple of blocks at a time.

I decided to do a continuous line design in the 9 patch blocks and ruler work in the large squares. If this ruler design has a name, I simply don’t know it.

I didn’t get to do much quilting on Monday but I started marking quilt number 3.  It was my daughter’s birthday and we were invited over for cake.

Phew, finally done with this one. Some days I don’t understand why I am so dead tired by 8 pm but just looking at my programme today, it does make sense.  

I was at the office before 7 this morning, did what needed to be done and was home round about 12pm, mopped the floor at the entrance as the male dog gets extremely excited when I get home and leaks a bit then I cooked supper, did the dishes, put the parrot to bed, washed and ironed laundry, chatted a little with a quilter who dropped off a quilt, finished the quilting on this quilt, cut and stitched the binding to the front and at 17:20 after feeding the birds poured myself a lovely glass of wine, ready to unwind before 8 pm bedtime.  Writing all of this down makes me understand why I fall asleep at 8.





No comments:

Post a Comment