Sunday, July 26, 2020

Quilt 3 – Stitches for Africa


This quilt was the same as the second quilt (presumed the same maker) just in different colours and I didn’t want to repeat what I did on the previous quilt.  I decided the 9 patch blocks will stay a continuous line but I wanted something different for the large squares.  I found a motif on Pinterest printed it and made a cardstock template to trace around. 

I’ve found the blue water-soluble pen the best to mark light fabrics and have several marking tools for dark fabrics but recently bought Pandapencils.  I’ve started with my chalk pens, tried the rolling marker, soap sliver and then opted for the Panda pencil.  What a difference and the best part is unlike chalk the panda pen will stay intact until washed or ironed.

Done with marking this quilt had to take a step back for the table runner, I mentioned in my previous post.

When done with the runner, I dug through my batting scraps and decided to join some for this quilt and luckily these aren’t that big and the job is not as cumbersome as joining for a double bed or larger.

I had this little adorable all to myself on Friday afternoon and she and her mom slept over meaning we had more playtime from 2 am and then this little madam fell asleep again after little more than an hour while I was wide awake.

I got going with the quilting on this while the little lady took her early morning nap and mom caught up on some TV time and even though marking a stencil repeatedly on a quilt is extremely time consuming, it does make for an interesting look.  I however could feel the lack of sleep after 10 am and decided to give quilting a break before I have to unpick anything.

Caught up on some sleep during an afternoon nap and was good as new after that and finished this quilt.  I think the backing fits the front perfectly and it is nice to find such a gem in your stash without having to shop for any.

I am taking today totally off from quilting as I can feel my back being extremely tired/tense from standing long hours behind the frame and I have another customer quilt arriving on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment