Sunday, October 02, 2011

Quilt and Craft Fair

On Saturday I could return to my hobby of choice and attend a Quilt and Craft Fair arranged by one of the quilting groups in our guild.  We bought tickets for the entrance, coffee/tea and lunch beforehand so everything went smoothly, just enter, present your ticket and continue.

I chose to do a mini workshop by Nelia Venter showing us how to make pretty 3-D flowers.  Here our teacher can be seen.
Nelia has a soft relaxing way of speaking and where I’d usually just prefer someone to show me the basics and then get home to do it myself, I enjoyed it so much that I wanted this to continue the whole day long.  Just sitting back, relax and make little flowers. 
Unfortunately I couldn’t as I then remembered I had to take photos for our guild blog and sped away to do my duties.

Part of this fair was a 10 minute relaxing back and neck massage by students of the Central University of Technology, which I enjoyed afterwards.
So much better than golf, don’t you agree?

1 comment:

  1. Hettie ek voel ook sommer dankbaar vir jou part dat jy die golf met iets beter kon vervang!

    ReplyDelete